|By Mima Photography|
Cassandra Samuel's mother always said she should have been born in the 1800s. Unfortunately, she was born in the 1970s instead. But she was not discouraged by all the corduroy and dodgy hair dos. She decided if she couldn't live in the Regency period she would write about it instead.
Cassandra cut her romance reading teeth on Jane Austen when she read Pride and Prejudice in high school. It was the beginning of a love affair with the Georgian and Regency eras that continues today. She has wanted to be a romance writer since she was a teen and was encouraged to study a diploma in journalism, but fiction writing was where her heart belonged.
She is the eldest of three children and grew up living on the outskirts of of the Royal National Park which gave her a love and appreciation for the Australian bush. Cassandra lives with her fabulously supportive husband and three wonderful children on the NSW South Coast along with a three-legged staffy cross, a cheeky terrier and a cat called Angus. Cassandra enjoys music, the theater, reading and watching romantic comedies and being a grandmother for the first time.
- 1st - RWAust - Ripping Start Contest - 2016
- Gold - Maryland Writer's Assocation - Novel Contest - Historical - 2012
- 2nd Place - Valerie Parv Award - 2012
- 2nd Place - Selling Synopsis - 2013
- 2nd Place - NSW Writer's Centre - Hook in a Book
- 3rd - Romance Through the Ages - Regency - 2013
- Finalist - Ripping Start - 2013
- Finalist - Emerald Long - 2014
You can find Cassandra at:
From Escape Publishing
8th November 2014
|Best Historical Romance and Best New Author|